Dear Pirate sites, I will report you to the FBI office. No warnings. I’m not going to be kind and give you a chance to stop being a fucking prick. There is NO OUT for “I don’t have the file on MY system.” If you have to put that shit on your site, you KNOW you’re profiting from a crime.
This includes my work and anything published by Dark Fantasy Press.
Copyright Infringement Information:
The legal penalties for copyright infringement are:
– Infringer pays the actual dollar amount of damages and profits.
– The law provides a range from $200 to $150,000 for each work infringed.(Each copy of a book downloaded)
– Infringer pays for all attorneys fees and court costs.
– The Court can issue an injunction to stop the infringing acts.
– The Court can impound the illegal works.
– The infringer can go to jail.
Examples of Infringement – Book related.
1) Copying and reproducing includes photocopying books, chapters of books and journals; or scanning books into a digital format such as a PDF file; converting VHS movies to DVD format; uploading or downloading internet files, including electronically scanned books, videos, or music; copying pictures from the Internet and posting them on a web page or social media website; copying pictures from the Internet for a brochure; and copying art from the Internet and placing it in a PowerPoint presentation.
2) Making derivative works includes making a movie from someone else’s novel; making a sculpture from someone else’s drawing; and creating a movie clip using someone else’s pictures (multi-media).
3) Publicly disseminating includes mailing photocopies to lots of people; circulating journals to others by way of emails; selling, loaning, leasing copied works (you may resell or loan your first lawful copy); making a copy of a CD and selling it for profit (reproducing and disseminating); and uploading electronic files for others to copy (copying and publicly disseminating).